Ribblesdale and District Camera Club (RDCC) is established with the objectives set out in its Constitution, to serve the interests of its members. RDCC is a data controller within the UK.
The personal information referred to in this Policy may include names, distinctions, contact details, affiliations, service records, records of entries to events, financial transactions and other such information as may be necessary for the effective management of the legitimate interests of RDCC.
RDCC collects and uses personal information for several purposes, as follows:
1. Membership – We will hold information pertaining to members of the club which will typically include contact details and fees due or paid to the club. This information will only be available to:
(a) Members of the club’s management committee for management purposes and will not be shared with ordinary members without permission.
(b) Affiliated Federations, such as the Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union (L&CPU), the Inter-club Photographic Alliance (ICPA), the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB),
for purposes of fees payable, insurance, annual handbooks, etc.
2. Internal club competitions – We will hold information that supports the entry of images into club competitions which will typically be the author of the work and any accreditations that the author may hold alongside the results of those competitions. If the author has added meta-data to their images then this will be held also.
The images and data will be held in ‘PhotoEntry’, ‘DiCentra’ and any other controlled manner as required to enable the efficient management of competitions. As a result, the competition information may be held online by the publishers of these pieces of software.
3. External competitions – We will hold information that supports the entry of images into external competitions, which may be at Federation level or involving other photographic clubs which will typically be the author of the work and any accreditations that the author may hold alongside the results of those competitions. If the author has added meta-data to their images then this will be held also.
4. Service records – We will hold information that records and recognises the work of members on club matters. These records will include minutes of meetings, including the AGM, Trustees, Roll of Honour and other such associated data requirements.
5. Visiting lecturers and judges – We will hold contact details and fees paid to non-members of the club who visit on an irregular basis to deliver presentations to the club or to judge the club’s competitions.
6. The Club website – We will publish information that presents the running of the club and will include such items as the club programme, competition results and other useful or interesting information for both members and non-members of the club. No personal information will be published on the website.
The following applies in all cases of data held.
- Access to all data held by the club is controlled and restricted by login account and password.
- Any person wishing to verify the information held by RDCC, or who can correct or update that information accordingly, may apply to the Secretary of the club.
- Information will not be sold or shared with any commercial business connected or unconnected with photography.
- A regular audit will take place to ensure that the club conforms to this policy and shall be recorded.